29 December 2012 – 1 January 2013
CAPE TOWN – THE WHOLE WORLD IS AFRIKA Blessings to all of us as we move through this highly energized year of 2012. Reclaiming our past, living our present and loving our future – our spiritual journey through 2012 and beyond. The theme for this year’s Rezonance NYE Festival is Transformation.
Dreaming of a world where anything is possible we continue until it is at least probable. Get on the bus, party on. Always Further.
This year we are pleased to announce the Chill Temple and we welcome Heartbreak Motel to the festival. There will also be a Information Station for general queries, advice and information, lost property and incident reports. In addition we have opened more space to make your festival experience more comfortable and enjoyable.
Keep it tidy. Together As One.
L I N E . U P
Sunday 30 December 10 am until Tuesday 1 January 5 pm. From filthy full-on night time beats to groovy melodic day time tunes, this stage is your one shop stop journey for feet pounding aural delicacies. Party on.
– Broken Toy
– Dale dala
– Dave Mac
– Dillan M
– Flooting Grooves
– Gokon Rave
– Iron Lotus
– Lost & Found
– Mad Piper
– Major 7
– Static flow
– The Commercial Hippies
– Tune Raider
Saturday 29 December 1 pm until Tuesday 1 January 7 pm
Once again The TDF Crew have been hard at work compiling a musical feast of electronic tastiness. An assortment of sub genre’s and subsidiaries thereof is their speciality. Best you don’t miss out on this one!!!
Line Up :
– Behr vs Mey
– Big Space
– Christian Tiger School
– Das Kapital
– Dave Q :: Dub War – NYC
– Dov :: Muti Music – USA
– Doctor Khumalo
– Dubsidia – ESP
– Edit and Run
– El Gordo
– Enough Weapons
– Emma x
– Floyd Lavine
– George Daniel
– Guns and Lazers
– Hyphen vs SFR
– Ian Skene
– Ida Daugaard – DK
– Jam Jarr
– Jimmy Chronic vs Nick Lumb
– Julian Chaptal – FRA
– Kanan K7
– Khoza Culture
– Lady M
– LG Fritz
– Monique Pascall
– Mr Sakatumi
– Mr Chips
– PH Fat
– Pierre Estienne vs Warren Bokwe
– Jacob Phono (PhonoKemi) :: Highgrade Records – DE
– Rebel Clef
– Richard The Third
– Riot Squad
– The Infamous Rabbit
– Trickski :: Suol Music – DE
– Totem vs ALXR
– White Nite
The Chill Temple is a beautiful place where you can sit and relax on couches and cushions in ambient surroundings away from the intensity of the other two dance floors. Featuring our homegrown chill out and ambient artists in a tranquil space the Chill Temple takes you on a journey of dubs, grooves and intelligent electronica. Sit back, relax, turn on, tune in and drop out.Remaining acts to be to be announced for all stages.
G E T T I N G . T H E R E
We return to the beautiful historic Contermanskloof Farm in Durbanville.
– Take the N1 from Cape Town
– Take the N7 turnoff and go towards Malmesbury
– Take the Durbanville/ Tableview off ramp (exit 22)
– Turn right towards Durbanville
– At the T-junction turn left and drive for +/- 3kms
– The venue is on your right
– Look for signsGPS co-ordinates: 33°47’53.00” S and 18°34’18.50” E
– The Hotbox Express will depart from The V&A Waterfront on Saturday 29 Dec ’12 at 12:00 & travel to Contermanskloof Farm & return on 1 Jan ’13
– Bus tickets are R100.
– To secure your spot on the bus you need to book at: www.ticketbreak.co.za
– For more info mail email@example.com or call Henk on 082 722 3858
Please continue to support the car pool initiative and travel with 3 or more people per vehicle. In addition to being a more fun adventure this hugely reduced the carbon footprint of the festival. With the average 100 km car journey leading to over 10 kg of CO2 being produced, car pooling has a huge impact. Please do your part to reduce air pollution, congestion and fossil fuel use. In addition you split the fuel costs saving money on fuel as well as on car maintenance.
Life is a journey – share it! Do you have empty seats? Are you looking for someone to car pool with?
Please make use of the internationally respected GoCarShare solution to find people to car pool with. The festival destination is pre-programmed in the submission form and you simply have to enter your departure date and location to find possible matches. Please note that the more people enter their details the more effective and successful this initiative will be and the more likely you will be to find a match.Submit your trip here: www.gocarshare.com/
TOGETHER AS ONE
C A M P I N G . A N D . A C C O M M O D A T I O N
Camping facilities are as always included in the ticket price. Please team up with your friends to bring tents, camping gear and whatever else you need to create a nice camping spot.
We are excited to welcome the Heartbreak Motel to Rezonance. Coming from far? Don’t feel like hassling with tents and gear? Want to do the festival in style?
Heartbreak Motel offers various tenting solutions at various prices from the most exclusive Graceland tents to the down and dirty Jailhouse tents. In addition to pre-pitched tents with mattresses you will have access to daily buffet breakfasts, lockers, full time security, exclusive hot showers, exclusive toilet facilities and ablution blocks, porters, cell phone charging stations, and much more. In addition the motel offers a bar and chill zone, a comfortable space where you can relax between all the excitements. You will also be able to park by your tents.Please book your accommodation here: http://
BELL TENT VILLAGE
The beautiful and spacious Bell tent Village consists of 8 pre-pitched tents with mattresses. Situated below the dam it is ideal for a smaller group of people who want a want a luxury tented option away from the general camping but still in the midst of the party atmosphere.For more info: https://www.facebook.com/
To book your accommodation please call 023 – 6141622
There are plenty of beautiful guest house accommodations close to the venue. Supporting the local community has an extremely positive effect on the festival and is strongly encouraged. Contact Durbanville Tourism for more information: www.durbanville.info/
G E N E R A L . I N F O
Please take note of the following:
– No glass permitted on venue. Please decant into plastic bottles before you come. Broken glass is difficult to clean and causes injuries to farm animals.
– You may drink your own alcohol by your camp site but please do not bring to the dance floor area.
– There will not be any credit card facilities but ATMs will be available from where you can draw cash.
– Look out for each other. Love and respect your trance family. Respect the venue and the neighbours. We are One.
– Trust your instincts. Do not accept drinks in open containers. Report suspicious behavior immediately to security officers.
– This is a strictly no under eighteen event. Green bar-coded IDs and drivers licenses will be asked at the entrance. Tickets are non-refundable if you are under 18 and have obtained a ticket.
– No open fires anywhere under any circumstances. Gas braais welcome.
– No animals allowed. We love animals and want to keep them safe. The sound, the heat and the responsibility of taking care of them in such an environment means it is better to leave them at home. They will not enjoy it like you. Guide dogs welcome.
J O I N . T H E . T R E E V O L U T I O N
– Buy a Green Ticket and donate a tree to Greenpop. Only available from webtickets.
– Raise 5 trees for Greenpop and get a free ticket. More details at: www.greenpop.org/
Greenpop. Planting Trees, Changing Lives.
T I C K E T S
Please note that we want Rezonance to be a full festival experience and that we do not sell day tickets for the event. The price at the gate will however drop on 31 December 2012 and on 1 January 2013. The exact amount will be confirmed closer to the time both here and on Facebook. Cash sales only at the gate.
Please note: Strictly no under 18’s.
TICKET PRICE FOR FULL EVENT PASS
– Presale at selected outlets: R450
– Presale online at webtickets, www.webtickets.co.za: R470
– Gate: R490
– Buy a Green Ticket for R540 from www.webtickets.co.zaonly. R100 from the ticket price goes to Greenpop and will fund one tree. Greenpop will send you a certificate with the GPS co-ordintates of where the tree has been planted.
Presale tickets are available at the following outlets:
– Big Bay: Hoodoo Tattoo :: 021 5544086
– Cape Town CBD: Global Girl, Gardens Center :: 021 – 461 8925,
– Cape Town CBD: SKA Clothing, Long Street :: 021 – 426 5025
– Canal Walk: Wild Fire Piercing :: 021 – 552 8929
– Cavendish Link: SKA :: 021 671 1367
– Durbanville: Zebra Trade Routes :: 021 – 976 2604
– Hout Bay: Creperie & Coffee shop @ The Boardroom :: 021 – 790 8132
– Kalk Bay: SKA :: 021 – 788 7437
– Observatory: SKA Clothing :: 021 – 447 6014
– Sea Point: Call-a-Pizza :: 021 – 434 0818 *additional booking fee
– Stellenbosch: Gypsy :: 021 – 886 7157
– Somerset West: Old Skool Tattoos, Main Road :: 0713455096
– Waterfront: Long street :: 021 – 418 6540
To stand a chance of WINNING 1 of 2 tickets:
2. Follow @YCLADmag on Twitter (for additional points)
3. Click attending and post your best creation on the event wall (pic, vid, anything motivating your entry) and make sure to TAG YCLAD and Rezonance in the post!
4. Comment below to inform us of your entry – a link would be helpful!
All steps must be taken to qualify – winners announced by 27 December 2012 – please check your email promptly and respond to accept your winning ticket!
B E . T H E . C H A N G E
Please take responsibility for your waste and live by the Leave No Trace set of principles. It is up to each festival goer to put their refuse in the bins provided. There is no excuse for littering. Be considerate of the other people at the event, respect the beautiful farm, be the beautiful conscious person that you are. Be The Change. All refuse is processed for recycling. Please pick up rubbish when you see it laying around EVEN IF IT IS NOT YOURS.DONATION DROP BOX
There will be a donation box at the gate. If you have anything to spare, no matter how small, please bring it along. Tins of food, old clothes, old books – reduce, reuse, recycle.
Keep it Tidy | Show Respect | Be Conscious | Be the change you want to see | Car Pool to the event | Put cigarette butts in the bin or use a portable ashtray | Use Biodegradable Toiletries | One Love
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Phone: 021 – 7944 032 | 082 741 8981 | 072 314 1942
– Fax: 0866 392 516
– Web: www.rezonancefestival.com
Festivals are about participation. If you have any ideas on how to contribute or just want to be involved please pop us an email.
FULL FESTIVAL DETAILS AT WWW.REZONANCEFESTIVAL.CO.ZA
Right of admission reserved. Participation in the event is entirely at own risk. The organizers accept no responsibility whatsoever for injury, death, loss or damage of any nature to persons, vehicles or belongings, even in the case of negligence. Due care has been taken to make this event safe and secure.