The latest controversial Nando’s commercial has officially been taken down!
The organisation stated today:
Nando’s South Africa has been closely monitoring the reaction to our “Last Dictator Standing” television commercial, currently running in South Africa.
We’ve noted with concern the political reaction emanating out of Zimbabwe, including perceived threats against Nando’s Zimbabwe’s management, staff and customers.
Nando’s South Africa takes these threats very seriously and will regrettably no longer flight the TV commercial as part of our festive season campaign.
We feel strongly that this is the prudent step to take in a volatile climate and believe that no TV commercial is worth risking the safety of Nando’s staff and customers.
Nando’s South Africa remains committed to an advertising philosophy built around social commentary that starts conversations between people.
- NME Awards 2012 ~ Music, On TV 2 February, at 14 : 33 PM
- Nando's rallies about language debate ~ On TV 25 January, at 18 : 33 PM
- Downton Abbey comes to South African TV ~ On TV 25 January, at 18 : 54 PM
- Sport Relief Goes Global! ~ On TV, Sports 25 January, at 17 : 54 PM
- Video: SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT ~ Film, Music, Videos 14 June, at 07 : 58 AM