Openroom productions was started in 1999 by Darryl Torr, now recognized as one of South Africa’s most acclaimed producers, he has worked with a variety of artists, national and international in an assortment of genres.
Openroom productions has a diverse mixture of clientele within the audio industry ranging from television into radio broadcast reaching the public in every possible way as well as offering artists a creative space where they feel inspired to make music the way they want to, in an environment that allows for it.
With Darryl’s extensive knowledge and love of all things audio, he has created a team within Openroom
that believes in quality and not quantity. This team is dedicated to providing artists with a total production solution.
Openroom’s main objective is bringing the music to the people.
Previously based inside the SABC, where the heart of analogue gear lives, Openroom has since then grown in experience, getting ‘the right sound’. Darryl took all the knowledge he gained from all his previous experiences combining that with his ideas and vision and created a studio that involves the public by giving them the opportunity to be more informed and involved in the creative process within music.
Openroom Productions now located on the streets of greenside offering state of the art gear and instruments as well as the required expertise in getting what the artist desires from his recordings.
- Live band mixing for television broadcasting
- Live mixing for radio broadcast
- Full album Production and recording
- Mix packages
- On location recording
- Album launches
- Live tracking in studio with an audience (with or without video)
- Special musical events
Studio1 – live TV broadcast audio mixing broadcasts every Thursday on MK , DSTV channel 324 from the MNet studios as well as pre-recorded once a month from Openroom productions. Some of the performances include acts such as:
- Shadow Club
- Tasha Baxter
- Civil Twilight
- Band of Skulls
- Jax Panik
- Van Coke Kartel
- Crash Car Burn
- Farryl Purkiss
Live at 5 – radio broadcast on 5fm, featuring a live band and DJ Live mixing and technical setup. (Live at 5 CD recorded and mixed)
International radio mixes include:
- Joss Stone
- Civil Twilight
- Imogen heap,
- Dear Reader
- Ok Go!
Albums produced and engineered:
- Ashtray electric -production, recording and mixing
- Zebra and Giraffe – both albums production and recording and one album mixing
- Dear reader – mixed and recorded * SAMA award *
- The Sick Leaves – produced and recording
- Wonderboom -produced, recording and mixing
- Soweto Gospel Choir – engineered *Grammy Award*
- Harris Tweed – produced, recording and mixing *SAMA award
- Freshly ground – production, recording and mixing
- HHP /idols track 2011- production, recording and mixing
- Mad love – production, recording, mixing
- Voodoo child – production, recording, mixing
- Louise carver – recording
- Skylight – production, recording, mixing
- Die Tuindwergies – production, recording and mixin
- Zondernaam – production, recording and mixing
- Mr Cat and the Jackal – mixing and editing
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org 083 548 0946 or visit their Facebook page
- WIN A PAIR OF VIP TICKETS and MULTIVERZ HAMPER! ~ Events, Music, Win 21 May, at 09 : 25 AM
- Red Heart Rum Presents: KIDOFDOOM Reunion Tour 2013 ~ Events, Music 14 May, at 11 : 51 AM
- Review: The Village Presents SPIRITUAL SYNAESTHESIA 2013 ~ Events, Music 21 April, at 11 : 49 AM
- WIN TICKETS TO UTOPIA FEST 2013 ~ Events, Music, Win 18 April, at 15 : 15 PM
- Chevelle makes the promised comeback! ~ Events, Music 9 April, at 13 : 34 PM