When one normally thinks of a Fair Isle Knit, or jersey, you think: oversized, baggy, dowdy and old-fashioned looking, you might picture a sweater that was most probably handed down over many years. Right?
Wrong! Since Fashion trends are all about cycles and this one is currently reliving its glory days, Fair Isle Knits have had a major style update, and are now trendy to wear again.
This updated look has been spotted on many fashion-savvy women during the approaching winter months.
The rules on how to wear these recharged looks are quite simple- as with any pattern, print or heavy texture:
1. If you’re unsure of what to pair it with, play it safe and opt for solid colour in the rest of your outfit.
2. Wear a Fair Isle knit dress or tunic over stockings with ankle boots, or a cardigan or sweater over jeans and boots.
3. Team it with similar toned bags and chucky jewels or statement necklaces.
No matter what you do, keep it to a limit of one Fair Isle item per outfit and don’t wear a Fair Isle scarf with a Fair Isle jersey – it’s bound to take you straight into frump territory.
- Melissa Hall
- WIN a Durban July Fashion Experience! ~ Fashion, Win 9 May, at 12 : 56 PM
- Exciting New fashion at The V&A Waterfront ~ Fashion, Places 2 May, at 12 : 31 PM
- SHOE HQ goes online! ~ Fashion, Places 14 April, at 12 : 51 PM
- Neon Brights! ~ Fashion 22 November, at 07 : 31 AM
- It’s Witching Hour ~ Fashion 24 October, at 08 : 08 AM