Since we’re cracking out our floral prints, chiffon tops and shorts small enough to be classified as belts, we forget that on the other side of the planet, Europe is gearing up for Autumn.
Fall weather is the perfect backdrop against which to introduce Trish Summerville’s Girl with the Dragon Tattoo inspired range at H&M.
Stieg Larsson’s bad-assed heroine, Lisbeth Salander, is not the classic style icon. After reading all three books I was convinced that the range would comprise of nothing more than black T-shirts and leather jackets. Although the staple of the range is predominantly leather and black, it somehow has a slightly feminine feel combined with a strong sense of the 90′s. This isn’t surprising since Trish Summerville has been stylist to some very famous leather-clad muso’s including The Black Eyed Peas, Janet Jackson, Gwen Stefani and P!nk.
Very obviously the motorcycle-loving, leather-wearing literary figure, Lisbeth would inspire Summerville to create something similar. The range of tailored leather jackets, slim black pants and studded accessories will be available mid-December at 180 H&M stores just in time for the American version release of the Swedish novel, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by the late Stieg Larsson.
- WIN a Durban July Fashion Experience! ~ Fashion, Win 9 May, at 12 : 56 PM
- Exciting New fashion at The V&A Waterfront ~ Fashion, Places 2 May, at 12 : 31 PM
- SHOE HQ goes online! ~ Fashion, Places 14 April, at 12 : 51 PM
- Neon Brights! ~ Fashion 22 November, at 07 : 31 AM
- It’s Witching Hour ~ Fashion 24 October, at 08 : 08 AM